Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Start of it All

I am a housekeeper (don’t knock it ‘till you try it). Not the most glamorous job, but it’s what I do, and I am good at it. I won’t say every client I have had has given me glowing reviews, you simply cannot please everybody. I do my best though. After years in this business, I got tired of being asked the same questions over and over again.


“What’s the best way to clean this item?”

“What are the best products to use?”

“Have any tips to make things easier/cheaper?”

“What do you know about green products?”

I thought there had to be a website or blog where someone could find all of this information. I was shocked to discover that there really wasn’t. Now, there are cleaning blogs, product reviews, articles. However, in my extensive search I could not find one single website that had EVERYTHING. Most of these sites were just trying to sell you something. For example, looking for product reviews on green products (eco-friendly, non-toxic products) the majority of what I came across were landing pages for an affiliate of whatever product I was looking for. This frustrated me to no end. It is extremely difficult to find unbiased opinions from people who have actually used the product. It is equally as difficult to find information on methods of cleaning, home made products, cleaning tools, etc…

Using every keyword variation and combos I could think of, it took me days to actually find small nuggets of real information through the many websites I viewed. So, this blog is for EVERYTHING cleaning related. One spot for all of your cleaning needs.

2 comments:

  1. Great job V.MaySands!

    I am also a housecleaner of 35+ years and agree that things are hard to find out here but there is a lot once you get going.

    You can find some information at the Janitorial Store.com or MyHousecleaningBiz.com. These too have a lot of information on the business and tips, some products. You might want to look at these sites.

    I get some green products at my Janitorial Supply as I like to get bigger quantities. Envirox is one of the brand names that I get.

    goclean.com is another place I go to. This is MaryMoppins and she has a newsletter and some products. I have one of her mops. I use it more on walls than floors, however.

    I saw your post in the StartXchange Forum about power surfing and saw your blog address. If you want to contact me PM me there. Maybe we could exchange some ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I would love to exchange ideas :) Always great to talk to another housecleaner.

    Virginia

    ReplyDelete